Creation of the University Research Office (URO)
The Management Committee is pleased to announce the creation of the University Research Office (URO). The URO will be the university’s principal exponent of multiple disciplinary (multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary) research. It shall support researchers affiliated to the University who carry out investigations in research clusters whether part of a research center/institute or not.
Below are the main functions of the URO:
- Promote the University Research Agenda;
- Organize activities that foster research excellence and productivity;
- Create systems and programs to develop and support the individual researchers (single-disciplinary) and research groups within the university;
- Help strengthen an institutional research culture through seminars, academic conferences and panel discussions, and colloquia; and
- Establish linkages with other institutions to promote multiple disciplinary research.
For more details about the URO's mission and functions, you may browse through the document linked here.
The URO will be headed by its first executive director, Dr. Grace Liza Y. Concepcion. We enjoin the entire university community to render their full support to this new office.